Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Map of the Human Heart (1993)


This is one of the best movies I've ever seen....

I never want to see it again.

Why don't I want to see it? Its simply depressing. I can't watch it with out becoming suicidal. Its a true love story where it doesn't really end happily.

This is the story of two ill fated lovers, he is an Eskimo, she is a white Canadian girl. The story follows their lives over the early and mid part of the 20th century including a terrifying trip into the horrors of the Second World War. It's told in flashback in a fishing village in Canada as John Cusack's Mapmaker talks to Jason Scott Lee.

What can I say? This is a film of great performances and moments, the firestorm in Dresden gives me nightmares Simply put its one of the greatest tragic romances you'll ever run across.

I would love to recommend the film, but its ultimately so bleak I don't know many people who would want to see it.

Still I give it 10 out of 10 simply because it provokes such a deep reaction in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment