Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Nightcap 5/27/12

What are you doing at home reading this on a holiday weekend? You should be out somewhere doing something fun.

If you live in the New York City area perhaps you just came in from the complete Ridley Scott series at Lincoln Center. Yes that’s right over the next week they are running every film Ridley Scott ever did. This is the perfect chance to see Alien or Bladerunner on a big screen if you’ve never done so.

Me?

I spent the weekend getting reviews ready for you.

The Brooklyn Film Festival starts Friday and I’m trying to adjust my schedule so I can see more than the one film I have a ticket for.

A few days after that The Korean American Film Festival New York starts. I’m finishing up a few reviews of things I’ve seen. I’m also putting the finishing touches on a report on my talk with the director of Girl Walk//All Day Jacob Krupnick. It was a great talk that gave me a great deal of insight into how the film was shot. I should add that the film will be slightly different when it screens on June 6th since there will be a new piece of music at the end.

I’m also getting ready to wade into the Open Road series of Italian cinema at Lincoln Center in early June. We’ll be running at least 6 reviews of films, three of which are primed and ready to go.

After that is the Human Rights Watch Film Festival. I’m looking to have at least a couple of reviews from that.

I’m also starting to put together Unseen’s coverage of the New York Asian Film Festival. As we did last year we’ll be running reviews the week before the festival and then flooding you with stuff once it starts.(And this year the Japan Society’s Japan Cuts series is following the NYAFF so all of July is now an Asian film free fire zone.)

I know many of you prefer when we run reviews of current films and festivals and you’re wishes are going to be granted with the heavy coverage of the upcoming festivals.  Starting Saturday we'll be doing two or three (even four) reviews a day for a week as we post our normal reviews plus KAFFNY,  Brooklyn. and Open Roads reviews.

That's it for this week.  I'm off to continue chilling.

(After tomorrows Memorial Day post – this weeks films will be a bunch of really out there films that… well you’ll just have to wait to see)

No comments:

Post a Comment