Friday, May 4, 2012

Take this Waltz (2012) Tribeca 2012


Strange, disjointed and not very good film  from Sarah Polly about a woman who meets her neighbor on a business trip and then kind of contemplates a relationship with him.

I'm going to be honest here, I left an hour in. I had no idea what the hell I was watching. I really didn't. Ten minutes in I thought I had missed a half an hour of the film. I hadn't but I had no idea what was going on. Michelle Williams is in a Canadian historic site, she says something to a guy in passing and she ends up next to him on a plane. It turns out she lives across the street from him but didn't know. They kind of orbit each other as she has uncomfortable conversations with her husband... there seems to be a great deal of back story that wasn't in what I saw. I had no idea.

I walked out.

Talking to someone after the screening I was told that the movie was good, far from the best ever made but not that bad. They added that it was strange, really strange. I can only guess what that means, but I never need to find out.

One of my least favorite films of the film festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment