Friday, January 11, 2013

King of Pigs plays for Free Tuesday night in Tribeca


Just a quick reminder that Tuesday night is the first of the Korean Cultural Services free screenings for 2013 – King of Pigs. This is a great gut punch of a film that played at the New York Asian Film Festival last year. Mondocurry loved the film and spoke with the director. His review can be found here.

Actually do yourself a favor and go see every film in this series of animated films because unlike any other of the films that the Korean Cultural Service runs these are unlikely to get US releases simply because no one, and I do mean no one, cares about Korean animation. I have no idea why since based on what I’ve seen they are doing much more interesting things with the medium than say the Japanese. Seriously I have the dates penciled in and if I can make the next 3 screenings I will.

As always the doors are at 630 and the movies are at 7

Details on the series and the screenings can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment