Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 1 at Tribeca or We're not worthy! LOVE IS STRANG, TIME IS ILLMATIC, LAND HO, IN ORDER OF DISAAPEARENCE and SUPER DUPER ALICE COOPER with Alice

The directors of SUPER DUPER ALICE COOPER and the man himself (second on the left)
The reports tonight and tomorrow are going to be brief. I'm beat. Tomorrow is going to be worse with a morning interview and a late night screening.

It was a long day. I got to hang with Mondo, Chocko, Peter and a bunch of other friends.

Stories will be coming but quick word on what I saw today with full reviews to follow later---

LOVE IS STRANGE- John Lithgow and Alfred Molina are a married gay couple struggling to get by. See it for the performances. (I was not specifically told there was an embargo, but there maybe so I dare not say more)

TIME IS ILLMATIC- A look at rapper Nas and his classic album. This was the opening night film of the festival (Chocko was on the red carpet-pictures to come) and its a good general biography of Nas for 45 minutes and the final half hour is on the album. If you're a Nas fan it's a must. If not take a pass.

LAND HO - Two friends, once married to sisters, take a trip to Iceland. Funny and charming road film does cover territory we've traveled but Iceland is beautiful, and the the guys are funny. My only complaint is Mitch can get annoying but its still a nice film (review to follow)

IN ORDER OF DISAPPEARANCE- Kick ass black comedy cum revenge drama cum crime story. Its the bloody tale of what happens when Stellan Skarsgard's son is killed by drug dealers. Wicked wicked fun-whose end I need to catch-I had to leave to cover Alice Cooper's arrival at the festival. Not to worry Mondo is going to review the film- and I'm going to try and see it to the end.

Chocko and I tagged team on the premiere of SUPER DUPER ALICE COOPER. Chocko ended up fighting the crowds for pictures-I got seats in side. We saw the film again and arestill impressed- and then Chocko took video of the Q&A and I took pictures. A full report, pictures and video are coming after we get sleep.

That's it for now.

Details will come when I'm not exhausted.

Now to prep for an interview.

1 comment:

  1. Great marathon round-up! I was going to see THIS IS ILLMATIC, but I am not familiar with teh album at all and am indifferent to that kind of music. It conflicts with LAND HO, so the latter it will be!

    ReplyDelete