Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Smortlybacks (2013)


This played at this years New York International Children's FIlm festival and I was kind of bummed that I didn't see it. Fate would see I wasn't denied and I was granted with a chance to see it.

What a blast and a half this is.

The film follows as some sort of tamer  (see above) leads a bunch of Smortlybacks around a high plateau area making sure that they don't fall or get separated. The Smortlybacks are these weird elephant like creatures which run around and stick to each other.

I have no idea what it means, and I don't think it means a blessed thing. All I know is that I laughed myself silly for six minutes as these little guys went careening around trying hard not to fall and as a result doing some amazing acrobatics.

I think the best term to describe this is WAY COOL!!!! with a few more exclamation points depending upon your age.

Definitely a short you'll want to track down. since for me it was one of the best uses of six minutes all year.


No comments:

Post a Comment