Monday, September 13, 2010

Off to the city...

When this post goes up I’ll be sitting on a train heading into Lincoln Center and the Walter Reade Theater. The purpose of my trip today will not be to see a movie...at least not today. Rather, I'm traveling in order to pick up my credentials so I can attend the press screenings for the New York Film Festival.

What this means is that for much of the next four weeks yours truly will be knee deep in the hoopla, seeing as many films as I can stand (and that my schedule will allow). I would love to try to see everything but the day job and other commitments will prevent that from happening. Also preventing it is the fact that I already have tickets to 8 films/events, some of which conflict timewise.

Reviews of films will go up as fast as I see them or that they will allow. As always I will try to give you a sense of what it's like both in the trenches and in the press box (if you ever wanted to know what it's like to be a film critic I'm going to try and tell you. I will tell you right now, based on setting up the film schedule, it's a job; fun, yes, but also a great deal of work). The Festival proper starts in 11 days, but I start the screenings sometime after tomorrow, depending upon how I can manage my time off…

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment