Monday, July 25, 2011

House of Mystery (1934)


This week we're taking a look at five mysteries from the the 1930's. Monday Wednesday and Friday are films with House in the title. Tuesday and Thursday are trips to Chinatown with a couple of mysteries set in the exotic locales of a big city. First up The House of Mystery

Years ago fortune hunter ran a foul of an Indian cult. Now years later he calls together the backers of his trip to try and make amends and to make right what happened.

Or so he says.

Actually there's more going on here than meets the eye, not to mention a potentially murderous gorilla.

This is a very good, completely unremarkable and completely forgettable movie that is probably destined to end up lost in your memory. I know I have a hell of a hard time remembering which movie this is every time I run across it in my movie collection. I have to put it on to see what it is and more times than not I'll leave it on. Its not one that I actively search out to watch, even though I've seen it numerous times.

Should you get the chance, you might want to give it a try, just don't expect to remember it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment