Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A few words on Ballet Boys (2014) New York International Children's Film Festival 2015

This is the story of three friends Lukas, Syvert, and Torgier over four years as they train to dance and hopefully get into a prestigious ballet academy.

I have to be honest here this film was not my cup of tea. I kind of knew about five minutes in  that this wasn't going to float my boat. I am not a ballet person and as such this was a tough go for me.

This isn't to say that the film is bad, it's not. The film does present the lives of the three young men wonderfully, and the dance sequences are great to see, but it never pulled it all together for me in a package I could really get behind.

On the other hand if you are a dance and ballet fan this is a must see. All others will have to decide for themselves.

The film runs at the New York International Children's Film Festival  Saturday March 14th. For more information and tickets go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment