Friday, April 3, 2015

Bill Plymton's best film CHEATIN opens today


Let me cut to the chase the best thing I said about Bill Plymton’s Cheatin was in a tweet where I said “Cheatin is possibly the best film Plymton has made which makes it one of the best animated films ever made”. That may sound like hyperbole and attempt to have it used as a pull quote, but if you love animation and love the craft of it, and you love really well told stories you’ll see that it’s not hyperbole.(I defer about the pull quote)

Cheatin is a truly amazing film that blew me away when I saw it last year at Fantasia. When the film ended I was without words. All I could do. Was stare in awe at the screen and wonder what I had seen. To that end the review I posted was short and sweet and to the point:

The largely wordless CHEATIN concerns a bookish young lady who literally collides with a hunk of a man at a carnival and ends up wedded to him.Things take a turn for the worst when he begins cheating on her and she plots revenge..

Possibly Bill Plympton's most beautiful and lyric film ever. A magical and marvelous marriage of image and sound it unwinds in a series of truly spectacular set pieces that are true delight to behold. Its a film that had me murmuring "oh wow" through out.

I can't say much more than it's one of the truly great animated films I've ever run across except to say GO.

Cheatin has now moved off the festival circuit and is at the Village East in NYC. From April 12 it will be in wider theatrical release. The film hits Vimeo On Demand exclusively APril 21st
The website: www.cheatinmovie.com. So if you want to see one of the best animated films I’ve ever seen pick your method of delivery and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment