Thursday, April 30, 2015

Lucifer (2015) Tribeca 2015

Love it of Hate it film is notable for having been shot in Tondoscope which means the screen is reduced to like looking out a porthole (see above). Occasionally the image becomes a circular image within the circle. Its a gambit that gets old real fast- even if it forces you rethink what you're seeing.

The plot has a ladder appear in the sky down which slips an angel. Wandering a around small village he works miracles and causes mischief.

Basically a weird arty avant garde film with an occasional insight the film has long segments where nothing happens. I found it boring as all hell so much so I fell asleep.

I don't know what to say beyond that..  Some people seemed to like it, Some people walked out.

Personally I'd take a pass but you might like it, I mean you may need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment