Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Four Films coming this week you should see: I AM BIG BIRD, THE SEVEN FIVE, MAGGIE and SAINT LAURENT


Four films you need to be aware of are getting released this week that we’ve reviewed over the past couple of months. Two of the films are among the very best I saw last year. Click on the titles to see the full reviews.

I AM BIG BIRD is the story of Caroll Spinney. If you grew up with Sesame Street the film is a deeply moving portrait to a man who shaped who you are. One of the best films I saw in 2014 and one of the coolest experience I've ever had at the movies/

THE SEVEN FIVE is an wild portrait of police corruption in Brooklyn. It’s the story of a guy who had no fear anf thought he was untouchable. It’s a crazy rollercoaster of a film and I can’t wait to see it again. One of the best of the best films I saw in 2014

MAGGIE marks a new course for Arnold Schwarzenegger- dramatic actor. One of the new generation of zombie movie re-thinks this one is different than all the others in that it doesn’t scare you but shatters your heart.

SAINT LAURENT is an interesting if overlong look at the designer. I saw the film last year at the New York Film festival and was puzzled why it was getting the attention. For better or worse the film has hung with me with sections of the film replaying in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment