Sunday, July 26, 2015

Black and White: Dawn of Justice (2014) Fantasia 2015

This is the sequel to the crazy BLACK & WHITE EPISODE 1: THE DAWN OF ASSAULT. That film so action packed I saw it with a good number of other people standing in a small DVD  in New York's Chinatown. Everyone would come in see the movie playing on the TV and just stop to watch. By the time the film ended the store was full- and the entire stock of the film was sold out. Its a crazy film that ended on a jet and --well if you haven't seen it you'll have to go track it down.

This time out Wu Ying-Hsiung has to save Harbour City from a group of baddies who want to isolate the city and commit a biological attack. With time ticking down he's forced to work with Chen Zen a newbie cop who just happens to be there as all hell breaks loose.

Beginning with a kick ass highway chase the film segues instantly into the main plot as bridges are blown up and people are left stranded. People are being forced to get bombs to a certain place with the promise of safety for themselves or their loved ones and the police are trying to figure out what's going on.

A series of alternating exposition scenes that give the right details  to increase the tension alternate with a series of escalating action set pieces as our heroes battle the bad guys. Its finely tuned to make you feel as if you're in a vice and make you drop your popcorn as you wonder how the hell they are going to get out of that. (I don't know but I'm sure it's going to be crazy)

I not going to compare the two films. Its not worth it, each film has their own feel to them. Both have their joys and their flaws. Both are kind of equal in my mind (though the first film had the break of my having zero expectations regarding it, the second one I was like - wait there's more?)

The short review is that this, like the first film are musts for any action fan. Its a balls to the wall crazy ass action film that is entertaining as all hell.

The Fantasia screening happened last weekend, however that shouldn't stop you from putting this on your list of must sees.

(And no I have not run a review of the first film. I haven't seen it since I saw it in the DVD shop and I didn't want to review it until I could see it again and take proper notes)

No comments:

Post a Comment