Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Skin Traffik (2015)

I've been watching a good number of B-movie action films lately, some that have gotten theatrical releases, some that were direct to home video releases. Some have been good, some have been not so good. When I got a DVD of SKIN TRAFFIK I was a bit wary, I've been on a run of not so good films. Thankfully SKIN TRAFFIK is one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Gary Daniels stars as a hitman with a moral code. When a job goes wrong and he shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach he goes into retirement. When the thugs in the neighborhood he lives in push things too far he wipes them out. He ends up on the run with a prostitute whose looking for her sister as a companion.

Yea this is one of those films full of second tier stars doing cameos (Michael Madsen, Mickey Rourke, Eric Roberts, Jeff Fahey and Darryl Hannah looking a bit like Heath Ledger as the Joker) but the cast is really good. Everyone does what they have to and they help keep things moving along.

Actually what keeps things moving a long on at a gallop is the action. This film is pretty much non-stop action. If people aren't beating each other up or shooting each other dead then they are getting ready to do that. This movie is a series of violent set pieces that only pauses long enough to move the pieces into position for the next battle. While these aren't the big budget Hollywood fantasy shoot outs, they are small scale brutal slug fests that stay closer to reality- and they kick ass-literally. The fights are so good that as the plot line drifts in and out of sense you really won't care because as soon as you go "huh?" someone gets shot or hit or something.

I really liked this film a great deal. You know I'm a fan of an action film that as soon as I'm done watching it I go find my dad and tell him "I've got a movie for you."

SKIN TRAFFIK hits home video today and is worth tracking down.


1 comment:

  1. Seriously were you high when you watched this? Its dreadful, you owe me a chunk of life and some cash.

    ReplyDelete