Monday, November 16, 2015

Basically,OLD FRIENDS (2015) didn't click with me DOC NYC 2015

Peter Odabashian's look at friendship, growing old and success premiered Saturday at DOC NYC. Its Odabashian talking to his long time friends and talking about life.

I'm about 15 or 20 years younger than the people in this film and I didn't really connect to it. I say that because in theory I'm just about at the age where I should be reflecting on things like the people in this film but I'm not. Then  again my life is slightly off the beaten track from most peoples. On the other hand most truths of life are kind of universal and the stuff here is just meh.

In a weird way it sounds like a bunch of boring older people talking about their lives and what they did in the past. I find it hard to look back and like the Jimmy Buffett song says "There's just too much to see waiting in front of me and I know I just can't go wrong". I have friends of every age and even my older friends aren't looking back they are looking forward. No one I hang with are like these people they are still out there and still doing.

Probably the best thing I can say is this isn't a bad film, it just wasn't my cup of tea

The film plays again tomorrow morning. For tickets and more information go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment