Friday, November 6, 2015

The Gold Coast Film Festival Starts Monday


2015 Trailer - Gold Coast Int'l Film Festival from GCIFF Shorts on Vimeo.
The Gold Coast Film Festival surfaces for its 5th go round starting Monday in locations across the North Shore of Long Island. An ever growing festival it is both a great place to catch some festival favorites from places like NYFF and Tribeca as well as see films that haven’t screened anywhere else.

For me the festival is extremely local taking place in theaters that are a ten minutes or fifteen minute car ride from my house. The three towns of the festival are all on the Port Washington branch of the LIRR (Manhasset, Great Neck and Port Washington) and all the theaters are within walking distance from the train stations.

A full confession is that despite my living close to the festival I have never attended. The problem with the first couple of years was conflicts with things I had scheduled in advance. The one year I had tickets and was set to go I was hobbled by the storm that was Sandy. To be honest this year looks like I’ll be missing the fun again- again it’s a scheduling problem involving the fact I’ve seen a number of the films, have two shows, a birthday party and John Cleese.

If you’re in the area or can get to the festival via either train or car it’s a no brainer, you have to go. The fest is showing some really good movies (see below) and based upon all my friends who keep trying to drag me it’s a great deal of fun.

As I said above I’ve already seen some of the films If you look below you’ll find links to the reviews here at Unseen.

AUTISM IN LOVE
BIRTH OF SAKE
MUSES OF BASHEVIS SINGER
MY FRIEND VICTORIA
SON OF SAUL
WHEN I LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN

For tickets and more information go here

No comments:

Post a Comment