Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Keepers (2015) Oxford Film Festival


THE KEEPERS is a really good look at the keepers at the Memphis Zoo. It’s an up close and personal look at the women and men who spend their days care for the various animals.

I loved this film a great deal. I really don’t have much to say beyond that. Some films are just that good. Why do I love it so? Because it does what many great docs do which is show us great things, have us meet great people and tell us things we didn’t know. I love the images of the animals, in particular the up close and personal shots of the giraffes. I’m not a huge fan of giraffes, but seeing them in this film was just damn cool. I loved the one zoo keeper who talked about winning a debate for evolution despite being a creationist because she did research. There is this wonderful moment where she simply says you can’t just say because the Bible says so, even though that’s what she believes. I also loved her later honest remark that because she gives so much time to the animals she has very little time for learning how to act around people.

This is a great little film and if you love animals you must see it.

For tickets and more information go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment