Friday, April 15, 2016

In Brief: The Tenth Man (2016) Tribeca 2016

Small scale film follows Ariel as he goes home  to Buenos Aires with the plan to introduce his girlfriend to his father However she is busy and can't come right away. Mean while Ariels's dad, the head of an aid organization has him running around the city on various errands. It becomes a running gag of sorts that Ariel goes to meet his dad who largely remains only a voice on a telephone.

Nice slice of life film is enjoyable way to spend a little over an hour, but I'm kind of left wondering what the hell this is doing at a festival such as Tribeca. I don't mean that to infer that this film is bad, rather, that this small gentle film is going to get lost in a festival that has close to a hundred feature films. And my concern here is real since this was the first film that I saw for Tribeca and I found that wading into the next coupe of films this film kind of faded from my mind. What I thought was going to be a long piece o the film instead turned into one that is little more than a capsule.

Thankfully this film has been picked up by Kino Lorber so it's going to have a chance to find the audience it deserves.

This is a small gem of a film.

For more information and tickets go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment