Tuesday, April 5, 2016

One More Time (aka When I live My Life Over Again) (2015)

When I saw ONE MORE TIME last year at the Tribeca Film Festival it was called WHEN I LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN which is the name of a song that Christopher Walken’s character is known for. The film was a good little film that kind of got lost in the crush of films at the festival. When the film played I did a short capsule review which went as follows:

WHEN I LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN
Amber Heard plays Christopher Walken's daughter in a film about family and trying to get by in life.
While not an action packed or plot heavy film (Herd is trying to get a foothold in the music business and life and Walken wants back in) the film remains entertaining because of the performances. High art? Certainly not, but a nice time killer.

Now almost a year later the film has changed names and is coming back around and it’s worth your time and money. To be honest when I originally saw the film last year I thought it was a nice little film. I wasn’t sure if it was going to find its audience but I see that it has which is nice. Its especially nice when I realize that I actually remember this film in the crush of 90 films from last year’s festival. Say what you will about many of the films I raved about at the time, this small engine that could hung around in my brain even to the extent that any time Walken was mentioned for a film project I wondered what happened to the film

Recommended for anyone who wants a good small scale film that you’ll enjoy but don’t want anything too taxing. (This may end up being one of those films you watch every time you run across it on cable.

The film opens Friday in theaters and on VOD






1 comment: