Thursday, November 10, 2016

In Brief: CARE (2016) DOC NYC 2016


Moving and thought provoking look at the elder care system in America which seems to be heading toward a crisis.

Focusing on several patients and their caregivers the film shows how the aides allow the patients to have some modicum of a life with their help. The trouble is that the pay for the caregivers is painfully low and many are living at or or on either side of  poverty line.

Raising a lot of questions, CARE forces us to ponder how we are going to live out our remaining years, especially if we don't have family who can or are willing to help us out and take care of us. Its a question that I myself am looking to be faced with in a few years since I don't have a wife or children to help me.

Despite my short review, the bells this film set off in me make it very hard for me to talk about,  this is one of the most thought provoking films at DOC NYC simply because it raises issues that will affect every one of us.

CARE  screens on November 13  at DOC NYC. For tickets and more information go here.

CARE will also have its national television broadcast premiere on AMERICA REFRAMED in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment