Friday, May 5, 2017

Everybody Has An Andy Dick Story (2017) Harlem International FIlm Festival 2017

Portrait of comedian/actor Andy Dick and the wild and and crazy things he has done as told by his friends and filmed (unbeknownst to Andy) by someone he's known since his freshman days in college.

How you react to the film is going to depend on how you react to Andy Dick. An in your face kind of guy Dick has spent much of his life fueled by various legal and illegal substances getting into trouble and pushing every button he could find, even if they were broken and going to get him punched in the face. The film is essentially a chronological listing of the things he's done as told by his friends. The stories are going to either delight you with it's walk on the wild side or make you run from the theater, not so much that its offensive, but more that Dick comes off as a jerk and you don't want to spend time with him. For me listening to all the stories about him made me like him less than I did and really feel sorry for those around him.

I should point out that this isn't a bad film, its just a portrait of a bad guy-or if not a bad guy one I really don't want to have anything to do with. I say this despite laughing a great deal from start to finish at his rude behavior. Frankly I was amused for awhile before I just got worn down and wanted it all to stop. By the end, despite the laughter I wanted to shower.

If you're a fan of Andy's or are someone who enjoys transgressive humor and behavior this is definitely worth a shot- for everyone else this is going to be a tough go past a certain point.

For ticket or more go here information go here

No comments:

Post a Comment